Egon Zehnder International was f...
Egon Zehnder International was founded in 1964 with a distinctive vision and structure aimed at achieving two basic goals - to place our clients' interests first and to lead our profession in creating value for our clients through the assessment and recruitment of top-level management resources. The most fundamental expression of our client-first vision resides in our structure, which is unique to our profession. Our 440+ consultants, operating from 69 wholly owned offices in 41 countries, are organized around a single-profit center partnership. This is designed to eliminate competitive barriers between our offices. It allows us to operate seamlessly when engagements call for us to mobilize across many offices in a country or a region. Long dominant in Europe and the Far East, the firm has a successful and growing practice in North America and ranks as one of the top five search firms in the world. Please visit our website at www.egonzehnder.com for more information.
This Receptionist position is for a polished, articulate professional. This individual is comfortable with ever-changing tasks and possesses a high level of flexibility. As important, has a highly skilled knowledge of service etiquette with a ‘can do’ attitude. This individual represents the firm in a professional, friendly, and composed manner. Reliability as well as the ability to organize, plan ahead and manage stress and fast-paced activity with ease will be critical to the role.
Reporting to the Office Administrator, the Receptionist is more than a person who manages incoming phone coverage and visitors, they provide administrative support to the office. As schedules are unpredictable, the Executive Assistants and Consultants will look to the Receptionist to think quickly and immediately determine logistics and contact needs. We seek someone who thrives on problem solving and relishes the variety and unpredictability of juggling multiple projects and changing priorities with fast, efficient and timely response and turnaround. There is a fair degree of contact with our other North American offices and occasionally with our offices overseas. Experience in dealing with foreign colleagues, visitors, issues of international correspondence, and time zone differences will be helpful. Overall, this person must be well organized and extremely ‘Client and Candidate’ focused. Must also be cheerful, friendly, easy going and take direction well. Requests for support will come from many co-workers, therefore the qualified Candidate must be able to take and accept direction from many people in addition to the Office Administrator when changes need to be made in the best interests of the office.
Must have at least two to five years (2-5 years) experience as a receptionist and or junior assistant. Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs. Database experience is a plus.
· Manage the front of the office and receive and welcome all visiting candidates, clients and vendors; escort clients and candidates to conference room; offer beverages; validate parking if applicable
· Manage daily office calendar – alerting the office of any visitors, scheduled meetings, individuals out of office, etc.
· Open and close reception and office common areas on a daily basis
· Receive, screen and route all telephone calls that come through the Main Switchboard which may include cold calls and/or job seekers
· Retrieve main mailbox voicemail and main office e-mail
· Monitor staff birthdays and anniversaries
· Distribution of daily newspapers for office
· Handle all incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, and packages
· Ensure that kitchen is kept clean and stocked during business hours including unloading dishwashers and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen appliances
· Handle catering, set up and clean up for internal and external meetings
· Manage the videoconferencing needs for the office, including managing the schedule for VC rooms and external facilities, planning and executing test calls, ensuring the VC is connected at time of meeting, and working with IT or VC vendors to troubleshoot any technical difficulties
· Ensure all conference rooms and common areas are in order during business hours and straighten up after each meeting
· Inventory all office and kitchen supplies including food and beverages and ensure they are well stocked
· Ensure seamless operation of office equipment as well as maintenance. (fax machines, postage meters, personal printers, copiers)
· Point of contact for building
· Assist Consultants, Executive Assistants and Research with special projects as needed
· Available to the Executive Assistants staff for production work overflow as assigned by the Office Administrator
· Assist the Office Administrator and/or Executive Assistants with expense reports as needed
· Assist the Office Administrator with vendor contracts, furniture, equipment, procurement, security, and landlord/tenant relations as needed
· Assist the Office Administrator with the research and planning of local staff and client events as needed
· Assist the Executive Assistant team with Education Verifications for Candidates
· Assist the Office Administrator with the usage and reconciliation of the office Corporate AMEX Cards
· Other projects as assigned by the Office Administrator
· Office move/renovation and logistics